History and the Humanities
- Campbell, Ian W. 2017. Knowledge and the Ends of Empire: Kazak Intermediaries and Russian Rule on the Steppe, 1731-1917. Ithaca: Cornell University Press.
- Levi, Scott Cameron. 2017. The Rise and Fall of Khoqand, 1709-1876: Central Asia in the Global Age. Central Eurasia in Context Series. Pittsburgh, PA: University of Pittsburgh Press.
- Mostowlansky, Till. 2017. Azan on the Moon: Entangling Modernity along Tajikistan’s Pamir Highway. Central Eurasia in Context Series. Pittsburgh, PA: University of Pittsburgh Press.
- Tasar, Eren. 2017. Soviet and Muslim: The Institutionalization of Islam in Central Asia. New York, NY: Oxford University Press.
- Vacca, Alison. 2017.Non-Muslim Provinces under Early Islam: Islamic Rule and Iranian Legitimacy in Armenia and Caucasian Albania. Cambridge Studies in Islamic Civilization. New York, NY: Cambridge University Press.
- Cooley, Alexander, and John Heathershaw. 2017. Dictators without Borders: Power and Money in Central Asia. New Haven: Yale University Press.
- Kudaibergenova, Diana T. 2017. Rewriting the Nation in Modern Kazakh Literature: Elites and Narratives. Contemporary Central Asia: Societies, Politics, and Cultures. Lanham, Maryland: Lexington Books.
- McBrien, Julie. 2017. From Belonging to Belief: Modern Secularisms and the Construction of Religion in Kyrgyzstan.Pittsburgh, PA: University of Pittsburgh Press.
- Murtazashvili, Jennifer Brick. 2016. Informal Order and the State in Afghanistan. New York, NY: Cambridge University Press.
- Spector, Regine A. 2017. Order at the Bazaar: Power and Trade in Central Asia. Ithaca: Cornell University Press.
For more information see: